As part of the scientific agenda of the conference we will approach and discuss a theme that has practical implications in our day to day activity: Epilepsy Treatment, Surgery of Epilepsy, Woman with epilepsy, Social aspects in epilepsy as well as the presentation of the European Reference Network for Epilepsy – Epi CARE.
LEARN MORE >
Dear Chapter Executives, The election of the ILAE President for the 2017-2021 term concluded on the 2nd May 2016 and Sam Wiebe was elected with 68% of the eligible votes. It gives us great pleasure to inform you that Sam Wiebe has accepted...
The 2016 Course offers basic knowledge on epilepsy treatment in children and adults based on interactive clinical case-discussions. This course is supported and endorsed by ILAE-CEA and organized under the umbrella of Romanian ILAE Chapter (SRIE).
READ MORE >
As part of the scientific agenda of the conference we will approach and discuss a theme that has practical implications in our day to day activity: Epilepsy in the diverse patalogies of children and adults.
LEARN MORE >
The Romanian Society Against Epilepsy (SRIE) is a professional association that aims to unite doctors with different majors (neurology, pediatric neurology, electrophysiology, etc), nurses and technicians with interest in helping those suffering from epilepsy through sharing experience, practices and research in the field.
SRIE is an ILAE (International League Against Epilepsy) Charted member with full rights.
Our main areas of activity and action are:
Improving patient care by
– providing the right level of knowledge on epilepsy across the board for Romanian specialists, through events, courses, consultation
– organising and delivering a bursary programme for Romanian specialists
– supporting other organisations who are involved in caring for those suffering from epilepsy
– organising and or developing professional guides and protocols or helping adopt international ones
– working in partnership or under membership schemes with well known European organisations that are involved in epilepsy related research
– Atttracting and or raising funds in order to promote epilepsy related research in Romania
– helping raise awareness of epilepsy within the Romanian society
– fighting any discrimination against those suffering from epilepsy
We invite you to join SRIE and take an active part in our mission and the change we want to make!
You can apply for membership by visiting the Members section of the website.